Alrighty before you guys go mad thinking why in a world HiShop suddenly asks for bras? Don’t worry! This is all for a good cause, and good cause only!
For those of you who may not know, October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Prior to that, HiShop collaborates with Uplift Malaysia to run the “Gimme Your Bra” campaign starting from 29th of September 2014 to 7th of November 2014.
What is Gimme Your Bra?
- We will be collecting second-hand bras, either used or new, which will then be donated to women in less economically developed countries (LEDC) through verified non-governmental organizations (NGO).
- Collected bras will be donated to women in need who will then sell them to earn a living. In certain communities like in India, selling these bras can earn them 3 – 5 times of minimum wage.
- Aside from that, bras are considered a luxury and not a necessity in disadvantaged communities. In other words, donated bras also give dignity and empower women/girls in communities.
Who is Uplift Malaysia?
Uplift Project is a volunteer group founded in Australia who ships second-hand bras and coordinates their distribution to underprivileged women all around the Asia-Pacific region. Uplift Malaysia is an organization founded in February 2014 by Nicole Lee, acting as an official co-ordinator for the Uplift Project based in Australia.
How to Participate?
- Share the word to your families, friends, colleagues and the world!
- Blog about it, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and don’t forget to #HiShopMy & #GimmeYourBra (Make it public, then we will be able to see your tag)
- Upon submitting your parcel, do include your email address as we will be giving you RM20 cash voucher (with minimum purchase of RM99)!
- If you are looking to recycle the bras in your wardrobe, or you prefer to give brand new bras, feel free to deliver it to us to the address below:
“GIMME YOUR BRA” CAMPAIGN
22-3 Jalan PJU 8/5G
47820 Petaling Jaya
Terms & Conditions:
- We do accept used bras, however hygiene is still everybody’s concern right? Please ensure the bras are relatively clean, not torn, and clasps are not broken.
- Bra collection ends on the 31st of October 2014.
- Please refer this picture below for examples of bras which unfortunately, we are unable to accept:
Any inquiries feel free to ring us at 03-7725 2180 or drop an email to email@example.com
Donate & Recycle your Bra for a Good Cause!